- The telescoping handle extends 6 inches, and it is very easy and comfortable to use. It is here that you control the direction of your boat, and where you will find the on/off button and the controls for the speed and forward/reverse.
- You have 5 speeds to choose from if you’re going forward. For reverse there are 3 speeds available.
- The bracket offers easy adjustment to 10 possible positions and it has a quick- release lever lock. It is made of tough reinforced composite material that is designed to resist warping, UV damage from the sun, and flexing.
- Minn Kota offers a 2-year warranty for this trolling motor, but that doesn’t cover the composite shaft. That’s because Minn Kota offers a lifetime guarantee for this component. The composite shaft is virtually indestructible—it’s like Captain America’s shield, Wolverine’s claws, or Superman’s uniform. It is stronger than steel on a pound for pound basis. It just flexes on impact. It won’t rust, kink, or break at all.
- The large commutators and windings dissipate the heat produced by the motor, which makes it cooler, extends the life of the motor, and also prolongs the battery power.
- It’s not just the battery that makes the electric motor very quiet. It also uses a unique bearing system that minimizes the friction so it doesn’t make any noise that can frighten the fish away.
- At the bottom is the Power Prop, which provides additional power so you can push through heavy vegetation on the water.
- This motor is designed for freshwater use only, and it puts the motor on the transom instead of the bow. If you’re going to troll in saltwater, you’ll need other options.
Should You Buy It?