The Pro Trek Men’s PAS400B-5V is different from most watches that you can wear for swimming or saltwater fishing. Some of those wristwatches often don’t have many impressive features and they break down easily. Others may be great but they also cost a fortune. If you’re looking for a watch that is packed with features but is still priced reasonably, then you need the PAS400B-5V.
Specs and Best Features
The Pro Trek Men’s PAS400B-5V looks great, but it’s not its looks that made it popular. Take a look at its features:
- It uses Japanese quartz chronograph movement, which is more accurate than automatic or self-winding watches. It has a stopwatch function as well.
- The mineral crystal dial window in the face case keeps the watch from getting scratched. The case is made of durable polyurethane resin and the bezel is resin too to give it an elegant finish.
- The case is 46 mm in diameter and 13 mm thick. The band is 32 mm wide and it weighs 4 ounces.
- For fishermen, there’s a window that shows the best fishing times and sunrise and sunset function. The digital watch even tells you when it is best to fish at night with information regarding the phase, latitude, and longitude of the moon.
- For hunters, it can also tell you about feeding and hunting times based on your location.
- You can set up the alarm up to 5 times in a day. The distinct alarm is loud enough so that you’ll hear it even when you’re in a noisy place, but to make sure you get your notification the alarm also vibrates the watch.
- The automatic electro-luminescent backlight with afterglow lets you read the display easily at night. You just need to turn the watch face towards you to read it.
- The nylon band comes with a buckle clasp, and it is ready for underwater use. The watch itself is water resistant for up to 100 meters (330 feet).
- It is powered by a battery that can last for about 5 years.
Pros and Cons
The Pro Trek Men’s PAS400B-5V looks cool, and that’s not always irrelevant when you realize that men’s watches are also fashion accessories. But its many features are what will really tempt you to buy it. It is designed for just about every type of activity in the water, except for deep sea diving. You’ll never have to worry about your watch when you’re fishing or swimming, or when it rains while you’re out hunting. And it is also quite comfortable to wear.
But what will really get your attention is that even with all these features, you can get this watch for around $30 to $50. We really can’t think of anything to complain about. But don’t expect it to be as durable as many of the high end outdoor watches out there.
Should You Buy It?
If you do a lot of fishing especially at night, then the Pro Trek Men’s PAS400B-5V is a good option. You can also use it as a regular watch, so you don’t have to worry about the rain. Heck, it may even encourage you to try fishing or hunting, who knows?