On first glance, the Casio Men’s PRW-6000Y-1ACR Pro Trek looks seriously hi-tech. A closer inspection will show that it is probably even more sophisticated than you suspected. If you spend a lot of time outdoors, a watch like this can become an invaluable tool.
Specs and Best Features
It might seem like the Casio Men’s PRW-6000Y-1ACR Pro Trek is an analog watch. But it comes with modern digital touches that make it quite impressive. The list of all its features is very long, so let’s just get to the highlights:
- It comes with an analog dial, but you also get a smaller dial for special functions and a digital display on the face. The band is carbon fiber.
- Casio packs in the Version 3 Triple Sensor technology, so you get the ABC functions such as the altimeter, barometer, and compass. Then you can also add the thermometer.
- The battery is solar-powered, so you can use it without worrying about charging the batteries. It can even last for 6 months without exposure to light, and with the “power save” function you can extend that to 23 months of no sunlight.
- You get up to 5 daily alarms, along with an hourly time signal. You can press a button to turn the tone on or off.
- Other main features include 100-meter water resistance, low-temperature resistance, LED lighting for the face and digital display, Smart Access, radio-controlled timekeeping, a stopwatch and a countdown timer, a full automatic calendar until 2099, and a battery indicator.
- There are other features that make it seem like Casio did everything to eliminate even minor annoyances. For example, it has a “hand shift” function that automatically moves the hand away from the digital display when you’re using one of the functions.
Pros and Cons
First of all, it does look very impressive, and so it fulfills its function as a fashion accessory for regular everyday use. But it’s a lot more than just a fashion accessory. When you use it for your outdoor activities only then will you really be able to appreciate the value that the Casio Men’s PRW-6000Y-1ACR Pro Trek brings. It’s also quite comfortable to wear, and the carbon fiber band is virtually indestructible. It is very resistant to water and sweat. You can bring it along on your morning jogs, hiking trips, trips to the beach, and for trekking and mountain climbing. And with the data it provides regarding weather patterns, it can even help fishermen and fishing enthusiasts.
But it’s not perfect however. It still has some minor issues. For example, some people think the LED lighting is insufficient. You’ll also need some time to get used to its gram weight, and you’ll definitely need a lot of time to learn how to use it without a manual.
Should You Buy It?
For casual trekking and mountain climbing, the Casio Men’s PRW-6000Y-1ACR Pro Trek is going to be a good match. In fact, just having this watch can turn you into a devotee of such activities.
If you are willing to spend about $500 for a watch, this one is an option that’s very hard to resist.