For some people who are passionate about their watches, there’s no such thing as having too many features. This is especially true for those who love the outdoors, as they often require a more rugged watch. And for many, the best choice is the Casio Men’s G9100-1 G-Shock Gulfman.
Specs and Best Features
The Casio Men’s G9100-1 G-Shock Gulfman, frankly, seems like a watch that Q may have designed for James Bond. Though it looks more rugged than formal, you may find that it works very well for everyday use.
Here are just a few of its many features:
- It is resistant to water for up to 200 meters, so even deep diving isn’t out of the question. It is also resistant to rust and shock.
- In the dark, you get the Auto Dual EL Backlights with Afterglow. The auto light switch means that you won’t have to press a button to turn on a light to see the face. You’ll only need to angle the watch towards your face. The amount of time the light stays on can be adjusted.
- The display is digital, watch face is round and measures 46 mm in diameter and 16 mm thick. The band material is resin, and it is 16.4 mm wide. It comes with a buckle clasp.
- You get 3 multi-function alarms, and one of them even offers the snooze function. There’s also an hourly time signal as well. You can activate the tone operation on or off with a button. And you can even set the display to flash when it sets off the alarm.
- There are 29 time zones you can display. You can also turn the daylight saving feature on or off.
- The quartz movement is powered by a battery that lasts for about 7 years.
- It offers a stopwatch and a countdown timer ranging from 1 minute to 24 hours. You can also measure elapsed time and split time, and mark the times of the 1st and 2nd placers in a race.
- The back and all the external metal parts are made of titanium alloy.
- It also offers data regarding the tide and the moon.
Pros and Cons
First of all, this watch can survive just about anything short of being on ground zero during a nuclear explosion. Its water resistance levels let you use it while deep sea diving, its resistance to rust means you need not worry about your sweat, and its resistance to shock means that you can wear it while using various power tools that emit a lot of vibration.
But it also offers a lot of useful functions. The stopwatch will be very useful for athletic endeavors, while fishermen will appreciate the moon and tide functions.Then again, some people may not find it easy to read moon and tide graphs. And some won’t have any use for them either.
Should You Buy It?
The Casio Men’s G9100-1 G-Shock Gulfman comes with a very reasonable price tag, and you can buy it for less than $100. And yet, in spite of its low price it offers quite a lot of useful features. If you’re an athlete or a fishing enthusiast, this is quite a handy tool for many situations.