The new Cannon Uni-Troll 10 STX Manual Downrigger was designed to accommodate the needs of anglers today. An increasing number of anglers are going for many different species of fish, and that means they have to rig their boats for many different types of fishing techniques. The new manual downrigger from Cannon was designed with this in mind, and let me tell you, it IS great.
Specs and Best Features
The Cannon Uni-Troll 10 STX Manual Downrigger is set for very high performance, as many who have already tried it has testified on various forums.
Here are some of its most important features:
- It allows for a fast and efficient retrieval speed that’s 50% faster than conventional downriggers. The retrieval rate for 7 pounds is 89mm per turn. The weight capacity is 20 pounds, which can be retrieved at a rate of 76mm per turn.
- The exclusive One Hand Clutch Deploy enables an extremely accurate depth positioning with the 3-digit depth counter and the bait presentation is also very natural. The weight is deployed gradually, instead of using the start and stop method.
- The dual axis rod holder can be adjusted up and down or from side to side.
- It features an enhanced boom end with a closed pulley system, which keeps the cable from slipping off from the reel.
- The integrated ball storage hook protects the boat from the ball.
- The crank handle has been redesigned and improved, so that it is more ergonomic.
- The telescopic boom is designed for heavy duty, and can extend from 24 to 53 inches.
- It has been pre-spooled with 200 feet of 150-pound test stainless steel cable. It also comes with a line release. The spool is plastic.
- It also comes with the Easy-Access Universal Mounting Base. Basically, it’s the same design used by the electric downriggers made by Cannon. That means if you’re using both types, you can switch from one to another without a hitch.
Pros and Cons
If you’re set on using a manual downrigger, it is hard to miss the Cannon Uni-Troll 10 STX Manual Downrigger, It is simply superb. It descends smoothly so it doesn’t scare the fish, you can set it at any depth you want, and then you can retrieve it very quickly. There’s nothing in this device that will make you hesitate to buy it.
Perhaps the only thing you need to worry about is the warranty, which varies depending on where you buy it. Some sellers offer a limited lifetime warranty, but in certain stores it may only be good for 12 months.
Should You Buy It?
It’s better to pick a manual downrigger over an electric one if you’re using a small boat, as they’re lighter and more compact. And once you’ve settled on getting a manual downrigger, it’s natural to choose the Cannon Uni-Troll 10 STX Manual Downrigger. It provides an excellent performance, it is easy to operate, and it is very dependable. You will get your money’s worth with this product.