Wish to know what's happening underwater? Get yourself an underwater fishing camera. Underwater fishing cameras enhance your chances to trap fishes and save a lot of your precious time. These cameras help you know more about the bass rich water portions and help you target the most populated areas.
The best underwater fishing camera is not just an effective device to carry but these are even easy to use without the input of many efforts. In the following article, you will learn all about underwater fishing cameras and related topics.
*Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Underwater Fishing Cameras
Underwater fishing cameras are used by anglers to get a clear view underwater. At times you are sure about fishes being there in the water but you just don't trap any. It becomes tough at times to get the fishes take a bite. Such situations are highly disheartening and depressing.
Here you can use an underwater fishing camera. You can easily drop it down the water body and yourself have a look at the happenings with clarity. This will help you cast accordingly and will increase your chances at getting a successful strike in a short span of time.
Step-By-Step Instructions To Learn Using Underwater Cameras
Along with the cameras, you will have to use the lowering cables that would help you lower the camera easily into the water. Start with firmly gripping the tag endings of the lowering cables which stay fastened to the ends of the camera. Many cameras are such designed that they are provided with handling that allow the user to easily grip the camera.
Next, you need to carefully lower your camera down the surface of the water body. Let the lowering cables loose such that they can be lowered with ease for as much length as you want. Let it be lowered to whatever depth you desire.
It is recommended that you lower it exactly to the level where you plan to place your fishing hook. You should be careful enough to let the cables loose such that you don't end up damaging your camera by unnecessary pulls.
Once you reach the desired depth in the water body you will have to wait for the camera readings which will take few minutes to accomplish its task. The camera comes with a provision that you can lock them when they are inside the waters. You must take the help of the manufacturer's manual to do so.
Now is the time when you need to carefully monitor and notice the types, sizes and the movements of the nearby fishes. It will even let you know the number of fishes surrounding the particular area.
If you desire to get hold of the bigger fishes then these underwater devices can be of great help. These larger game fishes mostly tend to stay near the bottom. Hence you must look for rocks and other kinds of obstructions at the bottom where these larger fishes hide and rest. Lower your underwater device to around a couple of inches above the bottom of the water body.
This step needs most of your attention as lowering the camera very close to the bottom can increase the chances for it to get damaged. Although the underwater cameras are well protected and covered against the rocks, sand and other underwater belongings but still a hard hit by a big rock or a tough jerk can cause intense damage to the camera. Therefore be careful!
You must carefully let your camera get accommodated comfortably in a tiny hole. Let it settle at a level similar to that of your bait's depth. Make sure that the camera keeps facing your bait or else your entire effort can just wash off in vain.
Top 5 Best Underwater Fishing Camera Reviews On The Market 2018
1. Marcum LX-7 8-inch Screen Underwater Camera - Expensive But Rich in Features
These are one of the most popular underwater cameras which impart clear images and videos with a resolution of 800 x 600 pixels powered with Sonar Footprint technology. These are easily lowered in the water with the help of strong 75 feet long lowering cables. You can have colored as well as black and white images with the help of these cameras. The manufacturers provide a well-padded and protective covering for the camera such that you can keep them safe.
- These cameras offer a resolution of 800 x 600 pixels which gives a very clear image to the user even when the picture is framed underwater.
- The aspect ratio of the camera is 4:3 which gives a perfect synchronization of length and breadth of the image.
- These have an eight-inch flat panel for clear viewing of the images and videos.
- These cameras give you the benefit to switching the image mode from colored to black and white and vice versa as per your desire.
- These underwater devices are made waterproof and offer to capture clear videos.
- These are such designed that they work amazingly well in both fresh as well as saltwater with absolutely no side effects.
- A cable that is 75 feet long is an addition to the cameras that helps you drop it down in the waters.
- A super HAD II CCD 1/3 inches picture sensor enhances the picture quality of the images.
- With the cameras comes a safe and padded cover to safely keep it protected post usage.
- Doesn't work well in stained or extremely muddy waters.
These are light in weight which can be easily dropped down in the waters with the help of the 30m long lowering cables. These have an extended memory storage capacity of 32 GB which will enable you to store a large amount of data. Well, designed aluminum portable boxes are provided to accommodate the cameras post usage. Bright images are clicked by them as they are provided with LED light sources.
- These cameras are extremely light in weight, weighing about one and a half kilograms. Hence it becomes easy to drop them down the water.
- The camera is made up of materials that make this a durable, sturdy and long lasting device.
- This offers you the benefit of recording videos and the memory of the camera can be extended to 32 GB. Therefore you can store a huge amount of data.
- These stay well protected within the aluminum boxes that the manufacturers have designed to accommodate the device.
- These cameras offer colorful images with precision with a bright LED light source that is highly powered.
- The cameras get a charger that keeps the battery charged for longer durations.
- A cable is provided that is 30m long which enables you to lower the camera inside water.
- A 4.5AH battery is accommodated in the camera that gives a life of nine long continuous hours.
- These cameras can be used for a wide range of purposes including pipe inspections, diving, fishing in ice or water, snorkeling as well as swimming.
- The cameras give fuzzy images when used in muddy waters.
These underwater devices can be used in a temperature range of 20 to 60 degree Celsius where they work amazingly to impart clear videos and images in the day as well as night times. Bigger and better picturization by the huge 5.7 inch LCD screen enhances the viewing immensely.
- These underwater cameras work in a temperature range of 20 to 60-degree Celsius with ease providing a clear image of the surroundings.
- The camera has twelve-night lights built in to impart well-lit images and videos even in extremely dark and dull environments.
- A 5.7 inch LCD screen is provided such that you can view bigger and better pictures.
- These underwater cameras are water as well cold resistant and you can use them even for you ice fishing sessions.
- These cameras offer well lit night images and the night mode is controlled by a switch available for operating the same.
- The manufacturer company sends a light and durable metal case to keep the camera safe and secure pre and post use.
- These provide pictures and videos of the surroundings within 5m range with perfect clarity with a resolution of 1000TVL.
- These are cameras that impart colored images and videos and are provided with 12 pcs infrared LED to enhance image quality during dark and dim conditions.
- These come with dropping cables that are 30 m long and can lower the cameras to extreme bottom of the water body.
- A lithium 4.5AH battery is what keeps the camera charged for as long as 10 hours at a stretch.
- Night visions are not as clear as they should be and the charge of the camera also tends to get discharged before the promised time.
This waterproof & cold-resistant underwater camera is designed for varying activities like swimming, fishing, aquaculture, snorkeling etc. these underwater cameras impart amazing well-lit images by the help of twelve LED lights that are provided. These are strong and durable and can be easily lowered underwater to help the angler get a clear view of the inner happenings.
- With 15 meters long cables these cameras work extremely well underwater within a temperature range of 20-60 degree Celsius to impart clear pictures with its 1/3 inch CMOS image sensor.
- Camera glass is made up of strong and transparent sapphire glass with a high definition HD picture quality.
- Not just for fishing purposes but these underwater cameras can be used in a wide range of water-related activities like snorkeling, swimming, aquaculture etc.
- These cameras have a 7-inch monitor for viewing and these offer colored images to the angler.
- 12 brilliantly lit LED lights impart an immense amount of light to picture the surroundings with ease and clarity. These lights can be switched off too as and when required.
- A sturdy metal (aluminum) case is provided along with the camera to accommodate it pre and post use.
- These work on rechargeable 4500MA batteries made out of lithium which once charged gives a life for around ten long and continuous hours
- Offers frizzy images and videos if used in stained waters.
This under water fishing camera with night vision feature is skillfully designed to be used in several underwater activities like swimming, fishing, snorkeling etc. Using these cameras you will enhance your chances of trapping fishes. These cameras have full waterproof IP68 design with pull resistant cables loaded with a set of 12 highlight night-vision lights & 360 degree wideangle support that helps to capture bright images and videos.
- A 15m long lowering cable that enables the camera to reach deep bottoms.
- Not just for fishing purposes but these cameras can be used for a wide range of activities including swimming, spying, to detect pipes and ponds and even as hidden cameras.
- These have a set of color CCD & HD 700 TV lines that imparts extremely bright images even in dark surroundings.
- A 7 inch color TFT LCD monitor that imparts colored images and videos.
- These cameras are provided with 4.5 lithium AH batteries and you can use these cameras at a stretch of almost 10 - 12 hours post charging it once.
- The lenses provided within the cameras are movable and can be adjustable according to the angler's convenience.
- The batteries tend to get discharged within short durations and require frequent charging.
If you wish to know what really is going on underwater and enhance your chance to trap huge game fishes then all you need to look for is the best underwater fishing camera. These cameras solve the underwater problems with ease and give you a perfect scenario of what exactly is going on underwater. These cameras are easy to use and offer successful results and you are sure to fall in love with these once you indulge into using them while fishing. An underwater fishing camera can help you mold your technique according to the requirement of the hour.