Do you love bass fishing? Do you love fishing and want to master bass fishing? If yes, you have come to the right place. We will give you a quick introduction to bass fishing, consider this a quick guide of bass fish.
We then give you a detailed review of the 3 best bass fishing books. Bass fishing is a skill which is easy to learn and difficult to master. With the help of these books, you can be sure to enjoy bass fishing.
What Is Bass Fishing?
It is a very popular American fishing activity which captures black bass or the famous American game fish. It is popular in the USA for many reasons:
- Bass is commonly found all over the US.
- Bass come in many sizes from as small as 1 lb to more than 20 lbs.
- fishing of bass can be mastered easily with a few techniques mastered.
Bass Fishing Tips For Beginners- Bass Fishing 101
- Your plastic worms are a great way to lure bass. Don’t worry if it has been bitten by the fish and looks chipped. Sometimes bass like to attack wounded organisms for easy capture.
- Use of dark red, pink or purplish tone on your fishing rod tip, bait and crank bait as bass get attracted to such colors.
- Make sure the hook of these fish is sharp enough to catch bass.
Things To Carry In Your Tackle Box:
We have listed below some of the things less known that one should carry in their tackle box when going out fishing.
- Lure: Make sure you carry a few different types of lures which can help you catch different types of prey. Each lure is designed to function in certain ways.
- Sunscreen: Fishermen definitely know what gear to pick for each water body. Sometimes tend to forget how harmful staying out in the sun for long hours is. Always drop a sunscreen in the box to ensure your skin is safe from sunburns and skin cancer.
- First-aid Box: Using sharp tools and hooks can sometimes (very rarely) cause injuries and cuts. It is always good to have a small kit which contains come cut-related tools and aids.
- Fishing book: People often go fishing with family or people who want to try fishing. Not everyone is on the same level. Buying a small illustrative book which can be used when needed is a good tool to carry to make your fishing kit more pleasant when in group. This is particularly useful if you are fishing with a kid or an absolute beginner.
- Extra hook and line: Fishing line will break or get knots when used and sometimes you just can’t use it. Also carry different types and sizes of hooks so that catching different sized fish is easy.
Review Of The 3 Best Bass Fishing Books 2018
We have reviewed some of the best books on bass fishing so you don’t have to spend hours researching on these:
This is a handy reference guide for anyone who wants to know more about various knots. You can easily pack it in your backpack or shirt and take it with you when you go fishing.
- This book covers the basics of knots for any fishermen trying to an in-depth knowledge about it.
- You can easily carry it in your fishing shirt of box as the book comes in a water proof paper which has plastic coated on it.
- It features detailed explanation about Palomar knot, surgeon’s knot, perfection knot, surgeon’s end loop, blood knot, improved clinch knot, double uni knot, uni knot, dropper knot and nail knot.
- Pro Knot has stated that this is the best selling book to refer about fishing knot in America.
- It is a great option for those who want to gift someone a guide about different knots.
- It fits your fishing box perfectly with its ring bound design.
- It is not like a typical book with lines and lines of instructions. Each feature discussed has been illustrated with pictures for easy grasping and better understanding.
- It is a basic book about knotting mainly focused on beginners. If you are an advanced fisherman, you may not find this useful.
For long fishing has been a great pastime for families when it is warm outside. Not only is it relaxing, it is also a lot of fun once you know the basics of various techniques used to catch fish. This book is great if you want to learn about fishing with pictures and descriptions that are easy for a beginner to understand.
- This book is for beginner fishermen who want to learn basic fishing and angling techniques.
- It is authored by an award winning author who has written many outdoor books. Wade was taught fishing as a kid when he used to accompany his dad fishing.
- He focuses about tackle types and other fishing equipment, ways to bait, selecting a good spot for fishing, information about bass boat and equipment’s you can use to enhance your fishing experience. Not just that it even talks about ways to clean and cook fish after catching one.
- It talks about fishing in water bodies in the east and west coast and even Midwest. If you happen to live in the northwestern region of the pacific there is not much information.
3. The Total Fishing Manual (Field & Stream): 317 Essential Fishing Skills (Field and Stream) by Joe Cermele
This is a bass fishing book which is divided into tricks and present to you 317 tricks to use on water bodies. It tried to cover various areas of fishing making it a very diverse book.
- It is a great book written by writers of Field and Stream magazine who have written about fishing consulting the best in the fishing field.
- It has a detailed explanation of 317 tested techniques and tools with attractive pictures and explanations.
- There a section which talks about customizing your rod and shopping for the best baits, lures and flies.
- A section talks about tactics to be used on different water bodies which are most efficient and tips to catch different kinds of fish.
- This book is edited carefully to suit fishermen at various skill level. So no matter what skill set you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced fishermen, it has something to offer for each.
- It does not cover much about reeling and rigging at advanced level.
We have tried to include a good mix of bass fishing books in our review. Each book has its own way of looking at bass fishing and how to perfect the tricks and techniques. In this difference too, there are some common things about the three books which make it the best in their category.
All three books have detailed illustrations which come with attractive pictures which are descriptive in themselves. Secondly, they all have descriptions of basic techniques that makes bass fishing easy for those who are just starting out. Last but not the least, they all are written by authors who have profound knowledge about fishing and bass fishing.
We hope our review of the best bass fishing books has made your choice easy if you there thinking of getting one. We have also provided you some tips for bass fishing which will help you lure the bass faster and some lesser known tackle box essentials which will make your fishing escapade more enjoyable.